Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Game, Kelly Pitts reduced to recurring character...



After being canceled on The CW and bought back to life by the BET network, “The Game” made its debut to rave reviews earlier this week….However, since the cast has been promoting the show, Brittany Daniels has been noticeably absent from a lot of the promos lately and our readers have been hitting us up to find out why.  Although, we haven’t pinpointed the exact reason she has been missing in action, we have found out that her character Kelly Pitts has been downgraded to a recurring character on the show.  She revealed this last year, while speaking with Vibe about some of the changes on the show:
What’s different for me is I was a series regular before and now I’m just a reoccurring character on the show. We did 13 episodes and I’m just contracted to do six. Another change is that we’re shooting in Atlanta and that’s different. [The Game was previously filmed in Los Angeles.]
Wow, that’s really disappointing. Did the powers that be tell you why they reduced your role?

I wasn’t happy about it, I wanted to do all the episodes but I think it was a financial thing. So I think the biggest difference for me between working for CW and BET is on the CW I made more money [laughs]. But the reason I came back to do the show is that I love the show. And I love, love the people that I work with so even though it came down to [my reduced role] I had to be supportive of the rest of the cast. I know me not showing up would affect a lot of story lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment