Friday, November 19, 2010

Controversy of the Brazilian Blowout Treatments!


Health and Beauty: How Much Are You Willing to Risk?


Chances are you’ve heard about all the state of California V Brazilian Blowout treatments. Backgrounder for you that haven’t: The California Attorney General is investigating whether the hair care method contains toxic formaldehyde, AKA the solution used in every high school frog or sheep eye dissection project. While the fact that the state is undergoing such a series of public steps is newsworthy, the fact that the treatment may be toxic was actually reported on years ago by the intrepid reporters at Allure. I can’t remember exactly when the piece first hit the stands, but I do remember thinking: Woah, There’s no way I’m doing that kind of damage to my brain. And I assumed other people would think so too. (Obviously I was wrong on that point if people are still getting it.) I’ve also wondered the same on radical plastic surgery procedures. If people actually know the risks, how can they go through with it? Maybe I’m shy because I have a debilitating fear of needles. Seriously, my eyes well up with tears when I even think I’m going to have to get a shot. But I honestly wonder how someone can willingly subject herself to endless hours of anesthesia and recuperation time. How about you? How much are you willing to put your health at risk for feeling beautiful? Swak –Jenna Mahoney


No comments:

Post a Comment